How to stream on Periscope with OBS Studio
What is Periscope Producer?
Periscope Producer is a way to stream high-quality broadcasts to Periscope from your PC and other external sources, including OBS Studio, hardware encoders, professional cameras and any other RTMP sources.
How to use OBS with Periscope Producer?
First of all, you need get an access to functionality of Periscope Producer. You can apply here. Once accepted, you will receive an email from Periscope team and will be able to see the “Advanced Sources” option in app Settings.
Then, go to Settings → Advanced Sources and get your source connection info: “Primary Server” and “Stream Name” (this is your private stream key).
Best OBS settings for Periscope Producer
Now, when you’ve got your access details, you need to set up OBS Studio.
- Connection settings:
- Stream settings (recommended by periscope developers):
- Go to to “File” → “Settings” → “Output” and set “Output Mode” to “Advanced”. Use that settings:
- Go to to “File” → “Settings” → “Video” and set:
When you’ve done initial setup you can test your settings.
- Open Periscope app and go to “Settings” → “Advanced Sources”.
- Click “Start Streaming” in OBS Studio.
- After a few seconds, inactive button “Checking for source…” in Periscope will change to “Preview Broadcast”. Tap it.
- If everything done right, you’ll see familiar interface which can be used to start your live stream. Enjoy!
Commenting in the chat within your own Broadcast
After the broadcast has started, you can also chat in there:
- Select “Leave Broadcast”.
- Go to your profile page and tap on your broadcasts.
- Select current live stream to join the broadcast and comment!